30 mars, 2017
The Corporate Partnership and Careers Department at HEC Paris (#2 Business School in Europe, Financial Times rankings 2016; #1 MBA Program in Europe, Economist ranking 2015) is looking for two experienced career development professionals to join the Careers Team.The position is a combination of student advising and corporate relations with companies based in France and abroad.
For students, you will advise and direct them in their personal career and job search strategies, helping them develop their job search and overall soft skills to be the best candidates for positions that are in line with their personal and professional values. The students come from different programs: MBA (Full-time, Part-time and Executive MBA) and pre-experience training (Grande Ecole, specialized Masters), and thus require a variety of approaches.
For companies, you will develop relationships with companies recruiting in France and abroad, maximising the opportunities our studenst will have with potential employers, in particular those outside France. You will also engage our the HEC alumni network to achieve your goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Careers Director, you will act as the single point of contact and subject matter expert to students on their career searches (functional and geographic). These areas will be defined according to your strengths and the needs of the Team as a whole.
- You organize, and in some cases you run workshops (general soft skills and/or related to your sectors).You provide personalized coaching sessions and help students prepare for their job interviews; You are aware of trends of the employment market (by geographic regions, company needs etc, …) in order to share this information with the students to optimize their job search strategies.
- Ideally you already have a network relating to a sector and/or geographic area, and are ready to develop it in order to increase the opportunities for interaction on campus with students.
- You can act as the interface with HEC faculty and you help them to improve the placement rate corresponding to the programs for which they are responsible. You will be aware of placement trends and data relating to your areas of responsibility and where it interacts with their programs.
- You will act as a central point of contact for companies with allocated student clubs
- As we focus on continuously improving our program with feedback from students and employers, you will be asked to lead specific projects.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of seven years’ work experience, ideally gained within the areas of campus recruitment, HR, headhunting, sales & marketing or consulting. Professional working experience in more than one country or significant exposure to international business environments essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; empathy with the challenges faced by students through the process. Excellent public speaking and presentation capability in business development and training contexts.
- Proven ability to lead, collaborate and influence at multiple levels.
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on delivering results, and accountability for goals.
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of, higher education is desirable but not essential. Experience of working in an MBA career management environment is a plus
- Self-motivated and outgoing personality; analytical and creative. Fluency in English essential; knowledge of French and another language is a plus. Excellent academic qualifications, Masters or MBA preferred but not essential.
- Experience in using web and social media in the career management and job search process preferred. Experience with relevant job and CV posting platforms an advantage, as is understanding of and eventual expertise in career management tools (self-assessment, scorecards, etc.)