22 mars, 2017
With an international influence, HEC Paris produces respected research and provides top-notch training through innovative educational programs and has had historically close relationships with the corporate world (46 corporate partners): 2nd European business school in the Financial Times ranking and rising to the 3rd position worldwide for the alma mater index according to the Times Higher Education.
In January 2016, after more than 130 years, HEC Paris became autonomous. This multidisciplinary and worldwide leading institution aims to continue to serve higher education and research at the center of the “Plateau de Saclay”.
To support its development and prepare for its next fundraising campaign with the HEC Foundation, HEC Paris is looking for a Corporate Partnerships Development Manager to increase the number of corporate partnerships with engaged French and above all international companies.
As a member of the Corporate Partnerships & Careers division, the Corporate Partnerships Development Manager works collaboratively with the whole team, the HEC Foundation, the HEC Alumni Association and its volunteers as well as with the Associate Deans to fulfill the School’s mission, ensure financial growth and promote an environment of continuous improvement. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of the division.
The Corporate Partnerships Development Manager has a major role in positioning the institution for growth through highly effective corporate fundraising alongside with the HEC Foundation. He/she helps companies create the impact they envision, whether it be scholarship for a promising student seeking a life-changing education, funding for researchers working to discover new knowledge in a particular arena, redefine the bonds between academia and the business or support for a school-community collaboration that will anchor stronger, healthier societies.
Duties included but are not limited to:
Develops strategies for corporate fundraising that match the School’s funding priorities (20%)
- Build and implement the strategy for corporate fundraising
- Adapt the strategy to international companies in collaboration with the International Offices
- Define the product offering
- Help identify opportunities for external funding
- Establish short and long-range fundraising objectives, including annual and new campaign-related goals
- Co-define with the Executive Director the resources needed to achieve the objectives – will have to lead a team
- Informs about trends, issues, and best practices in philanthropy
Design and execute an annual operating plan to achieve corporate funding for school-wide projects (80%)
- Responsible for the development process, including identification, cultivation, solicitation of prospects up to closing of major corporate gifts before handing over to the stewardship team.
- Identify, qualify and prioritize prospect companies
- Create, implement and manage a comprehensive development plan. Break down prospection objectives into concrete and precise action plans. Plan & organize prospection activities with travel being required at least 15 percent of the time.
- Approach new business, initiate relationships with a select group of new companies.
- Work closely with the Director of Employer Engagement to ensure a coherent approach to new companies and to ensure that if recruitment needs are identified these are followed up.
- Respond to and follow national and international solicitations and requests.
- Define KPIs for transversal increased effectiveness. Monitor progress against established goals, prioritize.
- Ensure proper communication and transparency of the action plan
- Responsible for the CRM and database (quality and completeness of the data).
- Take care of the reporting, rollout of control panels of the activity for the Executive Director and stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated strong organizational abilities
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding fundraising / commercial objectives.
- Significant experience analyzing, and making recommendations to build a development operation
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work constructively and effectively with a diverse group of people
- Superior skills in written and oral communication, creativity, ability to solve problems strategically, and demonstrated success in managing multiple projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level.
- Several years’ experience in progressively responsible positions in development
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint…) along with experience using fundraising tracking software
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
This is a full-time position beginning May 15, 2017.
Although the committee will review applications until the position is filled, complete applications received by April 10, 2017 will be given full consideration.
We require the following documents:
Names and contact information for three professional references