9 décembre, 2017
Finance Controller – Permanent
Position based in Clarens / Glion / Bulle.
Sommet Education is the world’s most extensive network of hospitality management institutions. It provides premium education through accredited programmes in two institutions on seven campuses around the world. Each institution offers a balanced curriculum of practical training, business management skills and a multicultural experience to prepare students for an international career in the fast-growing global hospitality industry.
Our approach to education is unique and entirely different from other universities or institutions. The learning and teaching environment not only provides a holistic education, but continually exposes students to a range of industry networks in the areas of luxury, finance, real estate as well as hotels, resorts and events companies. Our student’s success in their chosen career is what drives us as an organisation.
Purpose of this position
Experienced financial controller with responsibility for leading and managing the day to day financial functions related to Glion Institute of Higher Education (GIHE). Responsibilities include Financial Planning & Analysis tasks (forecast, budget and long range plan processes), support to the institution’s budget owners by analyzing actual costs versus budget and providing recommendations to align expense levels to the business context, and managing student billing and collection processes.
As a Finance Controller, your assignments will include the following tasks:
Financial Planning and Analysis and Institutional Support
Maintain and update the enrolment / revenue model
Follow-up and report New and Returning enrolment forecasts and actuals
Work with accounting team in Spain to understand the actuals and complete monthly variances.
Regularly meet with department heads to follow-up and determine changes to expense forecast and produce variance analysis
Report forecast P&L information (forecast + budget) into the reporting system
Complete financial analyses related to capital requests and coordinate the capital approval process for Glion.
Produce and present monthly business review package to CEO and CFO of group
Provide financial support for the forecast, budget and long-range plan processes
Support the price approval and program profitability process
Actively support the CFO on any ad-hoc projects or tasks
Student Accounting (Billing & Collection)
Supervise the student accounting office to assure efficient billing, scholarships, collection and refund processes
Report on scholarships and discounts to senior team at Glion and provide recommendations
Manage the best possible relationship with parents and sponsors on any financial related aspects, including claim processes
Work closely with the Student service support teams to gather accurate information on services used by individual students
Respond to requests on student financial status and control access to information according to the School’s policies
Supervise the preparation of reports and statistics (aging, collection status, etc.) to provide to CFO and DG/CEO
Co-ordinate and supervise new fees registration in the Billing system to enable the team and Registrar/Student Services to issue pro-forma invoices
Maintain and develop the Student Information System (SIS) functionality -play a key role in the future SIS migration project
Plan and follow-up the budget and payroll for the department
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from and academically rigorous institution in economics, finance, accounting or mathematics
- At least 5 years of accounting or finance experience
- Having worked in a Finance Planning and Analysis position and/or in a finance operation position for at least 3 years
- International environment experience, open to different cultures and mentalities
- Managerial experience
- Knowledge of the Education sector a plus
- Fluent English and French
- Strong technical financial skills and knowledge of IFRS standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal skills), evaluate and deploy people accurately, manage work processes, and understand the business.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High energy level, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
- Excel and Power Point proficiency a must.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills required.
- Good financial and economic analytical skills required.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships at all level and achieve results in a multicultural team.