28 mars, 2017
HEC Paris is a prominent business school on the world stage, producing renowned research and training of excellence thanks to an innovative teaching program, as well as forming genuinely close ties with the world of businesses (46 partner companies): 2nd European business school according to the Financial Times, and ranked 3rd in the world for the Alma Mater Index by Times Higher Education.
In January 2016, more than 130 years after the school was founded, HEC Paris became an autonomous entity. The ambition of this new world-class multidisciplinary school is to continue to serve the interests, as it has since its creation, of training and research in the heart of the Plateau de Saclay academic hub.
In order to support its development and prepare its new fundraising campaign with the HEC Foundation, HEC Paris is looking for a Sales Canvasser for Business Projects in order to develop the number of business projects offered by French and international corporations to last-year students in the school’s pre-experience programs.
Working in the Careers and Corporate Partnerships Directorate at HEC Paris, the Sales Canvasser for Business Projects will work in collaboration with the whole team, the HEC Foundation, the HEC Alumni Association and its volunteers, as well as with the scientific and academic directors of each M2/MS/MSC program. He or she will report to the foundation’s Business Partner Prospecting Manager.
To identify businesses likely to supply and buy business projects for last-year students, in the wider context of commercial canvassing (30%)
- Make a summary of businesses that have supplied/bought Business Projects in previous years
- Identify businesses likely to supply and buy new business projects for the coming academic year, working in conjunction with the Scientific and Academic Directors of each M2/MS/MSc program, with the foundation’s Business Partner Prospecting Manager and with the rest of the Partnerships team (Partner Companies and Apprenticeship Tax)
- Identify, qualify and rank these prospects
- Prepare calculations on the potential of annual BPs
To canvass for and sell at least 200 business projects a year (70%)
- Prospect management, from identification through to concrete confirmation of business projects, before handing over to the programs and the students for implementation
- Canvassing new businesses identified as potential partners: break down the canvassing objectives into plans with specific concrete actions, plan and organize canvassing activities
- Respond to and follow up national and international requests
- Assess the performance of action plans, define KPIs
- Actively participate in the updating of the database (quality and completeness). Use of the CRM
- Design associated communication tools
- Report to and create business dashboards for the Director and stakeholders
- You already have at least two years’ experience in sales teams, and you are a convincing speaker
- Good ability to actively respond to clients’ needs, and good communication skills
- Solid organizational and reporting abilities
- Experience in project management
- Excellent writing and summarizing skills
An interest in the world of education and Foundations would be a bonus.
- Inquisitive, with a great sense of teamwork and initiative
- Energy, commitment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Available to travel throughout France and abroad
Technical and I.T. skills
- Mastery of English and French (written and spoken) to be able to work in an international team and environment. An extra language is a plus
- Good knowledge of commercial marketing tools is a plus
- Mastery of office tools, in particular the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)